Do you want to create WordPress for your company? Do you have one but do not get the performance you would like? Learning to use a WordPress in English is simple but you have to consider the SEO positioning to achieve your goals and your website to be a success. Discover what SEO is and how to use it in your WordPress.
Once you have the WordPress assembled with a domain and hosting own and have applied one of the basic WordPress templates is the time to start to understand what the SEO positioning.
The positioning SEO (Search Engine Optimization in English) is the set of actions necessary for the optimization of the web through changes in its structure and content in order to have more visits and be more visible in web search engines.
SEO can be in two forms: SEO on Page and SEO off Page. The first one refers to the internal aspects of the web that you can control and improve, such as optimizing content and applying technical improvements.
On the other hand, the SEO Off Page refers to aspects that you can not control such as reputation, popularity, mentions, links … These are elements that affect the searches but that you do not handle.
Although both are fundamental, you can only control one. That both types of SEO are worked correctly will have its repercussion in Google, which will show your WordPress in the first options of your search engine.
How I control SEO on Page
Apply a series of actions to improve the SEO positioning of your website and start attracting users to your WordPress:
1. What does Google know about your website? The first thing you should do is to know how Google sees you. To see which pages of your WordPress are indexed, Google looks for your page and adds “site:” in front of the domain. If the pages offered by Google are not the ones you want to show as first results, you will have to modify them in your WordPress or deactivate them through Search Console.
2. Why keywords you want to position yourself. Find words that are related to your company and add them to the posts you post. It is not about putting 100 times each keyword, but there must be a variety so that Google interprets that your content is of quality and is based on some specific keywords.
To improve Google searches through these keywords, download WordPress plugins like Yoast SEO plugin.
3. Modify the text little work or duplicate. Google penalizes pages that are poorly written or offer poor quality content. Also, if Google detects that your content is copied, it will make your website go down in the ranking.
4. Send Sitemap to Search Console. This consists in sending to Google a list with all the URLs of your WordPress so that the search engines take them into account.
5. Make redirects. In the event that a page/entry does not work for you and you want to modify it, do not ever forget to delete the URL, do a redirect. The pages that you have already created have a flow of visits and receive valuations, links … Eliminating them would suppose descending in terms of positioning. Therefore, if you want to modify a URL, you must do a 301 redirect to a new page.
6. Take into account the loading and dwell times. For a Google user to position their website well, it must load fast, and to get the user to stay, they must find quality content.
Start up this series of tips to improve the SEO positioning of your website and start noticing the improvements with the increase in user and well-positioned pages.